- I am an Indian citizen and pay taxes in India
- I do not pay taxes in the USA or any other country
I agree and authorise Axis Bank to fetch my personal details
from UIDAI. I confirm that I have not used the OTP-based
Aadhaar verification to open any other bank account. I have
read and accepted all Terms & Conditions
state that I have no objection in authenticating myself with
based authentication system and voluntarily consent to
providing my Aadhaar number, Biometric and/or One Time
Pin(OTP) data (and/or any similar authentication mechanism) I
understand that the biometric and/or OTP and/or any other
authentication mechanism I may provide for authentication
shall be used only for authenticating my identity through the
Aadhaar authentication system for the specific transaction and
for no other purposes, or as per requirement of law. I
understand that Axis Bank shall ensure security and
confidentiality of my personal identity data provided for the
purpose of Aadhaar based authentication. I authorize Axis Bank
to verify and authenticate my Aadhaar number during processing
my application for legitimate business purposes. I further
authorize the Bank to share my Aadhaar related
details/information with regulatory /statutory bodies as and
when required. Refer to terms and conditions for more details
. . . Read more
Getting your Aadhaar info
A one time password (OTP) has been sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number. It may take a few minutes. Please do not exit the page.
Aadhaar T & C
- I hereby state that I have not used the OTP based Aadhaar (e-KYC) verification to open any other bank account in Axis Bank or any other bank.
- I hereby state that I have no objection in authenticating myself with Aadhaar based authentication system and consent to providing my Aadhaar Number, Biometric and/or (One Time Pin) OTP data (and/or any similar authentication mechanism) for Aadhaar Based authentication for the purposes of availing of the Banking Service from Axis Bank.
- I understand that the Biometric and/or (One Time Pin) OTP (and/or any similar authentication mechanism) I may provide for authentication shall be used only for authenticating my identity through Aadhaar Authentication system for that specific transaction and for no other purposes. I understand that Axis Bank shall ensure security and confidentiality of my personal identity data provided for the purpose Aadhaar based authentication.
- I submit my Aadhaar number and voluntarily give my
- Use my Aadhaar Details to authenticate me from UIDAI.
- Use my Registered Mobile Number in the bank records for sending SMS alerts to me.
- Link the Aadhaar Number to all my existing/new/future accounts and customer profile (CIF)with your Bank.
- The bank may disclose information about customer's account, if required or permitted by law, rule or regulations, or at the request of any public or regulatory authority or if such disclosure is required for the purpose of preventing frauds, or in public interest, without specific consent of the account holder/s.
- I hereby declare that the maturity instructions provided by me at the time of account opening are my own.
General Terms and Conditions
- Any Resident Indian who is 18 years and above who provides his/her details in the Digital application for opening EXPRESS FD account offered by Axis Bank Limited is a Customer
- By logging into and providing his/her details, customer agrees to the terms and conditions of the Bank as listed https://www.axisbank.com/mailers/TnC/Axis-FD-RD-T-C.html
- By visiting the Express FD– Apply Now link and sharing all information, customer consents to provide his/her name, contact details and other information on an at will basis with Bank.
- Customer can complete their KYC at any Axis Bank branch using biometric authentication or by providing physical KYC documents.
- Customer authorizes Axis Bank to call on the given number to explain the features of the product and marketing
- Bank shall not be liable for any connectivity/ signal/ data issues leading to non-completion or wrong/false/incomplete information being provided by the customer leading to the incompletion of his/her application.
- The customer herewith agrees to provide his/ her valid Aadhaar number and valid PAN Card details. He/she understands that opening an account is subject to correct, complete and accurate information is provided.
- Customer agrees that upon successful OTP validation of Aadhaar, the name of the customer in the account will be the same name as appearing in his/her Aadhaar Card
- Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn by the customer. Bank shall not be liable to pay for any costs (technical/ data plan related or otherwise) incurred by the customer in the course of the downloading or sharing of his/her details on the application.
- The customer herewith agrees to provide the accurate documentation and information as listed in the app for the purpose of account opening. Customer understands and agrees that failure to provide requisite documentation and information shall result in rejection of application by the Bank. The customer agrees that Bank has every right to reject the account opening application, if there is any erroneous, incomplete or misleading information provided by the customer or for any other reason whatsoever with/without assigning any reason or if KYC documents submitted do not comply with the KYC norms of the Bank.
- This account opening process is not available for existing Axis Bank customers who have a relationship with the bank.
- This account opening process is also not available for customers who are FATCA reportable. Such customers are requested to approach the branch and to comply with requirement of opening an account.
- Bank reserves the right to take necessary action, legal or otherwise, if it finds any wilful modification/ withholding of information or misrepresentation by the customer.
- Customers, who would like to deposit funds using the funding facility available in the Express FD app, can do so only from their own bank account and not from a Third Party Bank account. Bank shall be at liberty to refuse to open the accounts funded from a Third Party Bank account at its sole discretion.
- Customer understands and agrees that interest on the amount funded online will be paid subject to successful activation of the Express FD account and only from the date when the funds has been credited into the account.
- The customer hereby understands and agrees that incase funds are received and the Express FD account does not get created , no interest will be paid till 7 days.
- The customer shall not enjoy the services provided by the bank unless the customer on-boarding process is complete.
- Customers will have restricted access on this account till KYC is completed
- Customer declares and confirms that the Bank shall be entitled to rely on all/any communication, information and details provided on the electronic form and all such communications, information and details shall be final and legally binding on the Customer.
- Customer understands and confirms that the Bank has every right to close or debit freeze the account, if the details provided by him/her are found to be inaccurate, incorrect or false by the Bank or for any other reason whatsoever without assigning any reason thereof. In such an event, the bank shall not be liable to pay any interest on the amount of deposit & the refund of amount deposited in the account will be refunded to the source account/or issue a Demand Draft to the Customer. In such an event, bank will retain the documents / Photographs (if any) and any other signed document submitted.
- This application is available for Resident Indian Individuals only.
- Customer gives consent to the Bank to fetch his/her demographic details from Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), using biometric authentication which will be used for KYC purposes. The demographic details include name, DOB, Father’s Name, gender, address and photograph. Customer further consents to the Bank to fetch his/her contact details from UIDAI which includes the contact number and email ID.
- Customer authorises Bank to link the Aadhar number provided by them with the Express FD account opened by them under this process.
- The Bank reserves the right to hold the accounts in Debit Freeze or close the Account even after account activation in case of any discrepancy found as part of regular monitoring and document verification activities.
- The customer agrees to provide the necessary details (Mobile, Email etc.,) as per his/her requirement at the time of submission of details through the app. Bank shall not bear any liability for any loss arising out of customer’s failure to do so.
- The customer herewith agrees to be contacted by the bank to receive information in respect of account maintenance, alerts, payments due, updates on existing and new products, servicing of account for sales, marketing or servicing their relationship with Axis Bank Limited and its group companies / associates or agents through Telephone / Mobile / SMS / Email etc. Further he/she understands that the consent to receive calls / communications shall be valid and shall prevail over their current or any subsequent registration of their mobile number for NDNC and shall continue to be treated as customer consent / acceptance.
- The customer herewith agrees that if the application is rejected, Bank will retain the documents / Photographs and any other signed document submitted by the customer on the Web app or otherwise.
- Customer confirms to have read, understood and will be bound to/ abide by the Terms and Conditions of account opening and the general terms applicable to account as available on Axis Bank’s website.
- The customer herewith confirms that he/she has not used the OTP based Aadhaar (e-KYC) verification to open any other bank account.
- The customer herewith confirms that he/she has not opened any other account with Axis Bank.
- EXPRESS FD account opened with UIDAI based OTP, will have a credit balance of not more than 1 Lakh.
- The customer herewith agrees to complete his full KYC by visiting his nearest Axis Bank branch/ by requesting a visit from the bank representative and providing his biometric details within 12 months of opening such account.
- The customer agrees that such an account will be subject to regular scrutiny and monitoring from the bank and bank shall reserve the right to completely freeze/debit freeze/ close the account at its sole discretion.
- I hereby declare that the details furnished above are true and correct to the best of my/our knowledge and belief and I undertake to inform you of any changes therein, immediately. In case any of the above information is found to be false or untrue or misleading or misrepresenting, I/We am/are aware that I/we may be held liable for it.
- My personal / KYC details may be shared with Central KYC Registry
- I hereby consent to receiving information from Central KYC Registry through SMS/Email on the above registered number/email address.
- The customer hereby agrees that the maturity amount will be credited to his account within 3 working days from his maturity date.
- If the credit to the customer’s repayment account on maturity or premature withdrawal fails , the bank will issue a demand draft and the same can be collected by the customer from the home branch after completing full KYC.
- The minimum investment amount for opening an Express FD Account is Rs.5000 and maximum investment amount is Rs.90,000.
- The minimum tenure for opening an Express FD Account is 6 months and maximum tenure is 364 days.
- For Express FD: The Fixed Deposit will be opened as a regular FD, with the holding pattern MOP as “Self”
- Express FD will be opened with Interest Compounding facility only
- In case the Nominee is a minor, please specify the name of the guardian. We further confirm that if you fail to submit the physical copy of the form the choice made online shall be binding on us
- We hereby authorize you to act upon my/our instruction regarding nomination, cancellation or variation of the nomination of the Fixed/Recurring/FCNR Deposit (given through various modes). I/we shall not hold the bank responsible should any claim be raised against the Bank for acting on the instruction of nomination and the Bank does suffer any loss I/we will keep it indemnified from time to time
- For customers who have opted to receive e-statements, we will now be sending an e-advice on the registered email address for any new Term deposit booked henceforth instead of a physical advice.
- This fixed deposit cannot be pledged as security for any loan or obligation from AXIS Bank or any other bank, financial institution or individual nor can a lien be marked on this loan in AXIS Bank
- In case of loss of Fixed Deposit Advice I / we shall satisfy AXIS Bank and indemnify it for any cause or consequence arising out of issuing of a duplicate receipt. I / we understand AXIS Bank may recover a nominal charge for issuing a duplicate receipt as per its then prevalent schedule of charges.
- For Rupee Term Deposits of a contracted amount less than Rs. 5 crores opened/renewed on or after December 15, 2017 (including Flexi deposits), for the first partial withdrawal with value <= 25% of Term Deposit original principal value, Premature Closure Penalty Rate will not be applicable. For subsequent partial withdrawals, Premature Closure Penalty Rate will apply on the entire withdrawal amount. For the partial withdrawal with value > 25% of Term Deposit original principal value, Premature Closure Penalty Rate will be applicable for the entire withdrawal amount, the interest rate shall be 1% below the card rate, prevailing as on date of deposit, as applicable for the period the deposit has remained with the bank or 1% below the contracted rate, whichever is lower (“Premature Closure Penalty Rate”). However, for Rupee Term Deposits closed within 14 days from the date of booking of the deposit, interest rate shall be rate applicable for the period the deposit has remained with the bank or the contracted rate, whichever is lower
- Where the deposit is held singly and premature withdrawal is required by the nominee in the
- event of death of the deposit holder:
- i) In the event of my death, the nominee named for the deposit is entitled to prematurely withdraw the said deposit, if he/she so requests the bank, without seeking the concurrence of my legal heirs.
- I further affirm that payment of the proceeds of such deposit to the nominee represents a valid discharge of the bank's liability. ii) That the nominee would be receiving the payment from the bank as a trustee of the legal heirs of the deceased depositor and that such payment to him/her shall not affect the right or claim that my legal heirs may have against the nominee to whom the payment is made.Express Fixed Deposit liquidation facility is available only for Single Holding FDs with the Bank.
- Fixed Deposit/Recurring Deposit creation/closure requests will not be processed on Sundays and Bank Holidays. Tax at source is deducted as per the Income Tax regulations prevalent from time to time. TDS with respect to interest earned on Fixed Deposit is deducted on the basis of the total interest projected on the aggregate of Fixed Deposits of the customer, for the financial year. Thus, if the total projected interest in a financial year crosses the threshold limit which is currently Rs. 10,000/- for Resident individual and Rs. 50,000 for Senior Citizen as applicable from time to time as per Income Tax Act, TDS is deducted proportionately from the existing fixed deposits at the time of interest application. This is in accordance with section 194 (A) 3 (i) (a) of the Income Tax Act An overdue term deposit or its portion may be renewed from the date of Maturity, provided the overdue period from the date of maturity till the date of renewal does not exceed 14 days. The rate of interest payable on the amount of the deposit so renewed shall be the appropriate rate of interest for the period of renewal as prevailing on the date of maturity. If the overdue period is more than 14 days and if the depositor places the entire amount of overdue deposit or at least the principal amount of deposit as a fresh term deposit, interest may be paid for the overdue period on the amount so placed as a fresh deposit at the rate decided by the Bank which at present is simple interest at Savings Bank interest rates.